Thursday, April 3, 2014

This day.

This day has me feeling some type of way...
Have you ever had those days were you feel different but don't know how to explain it. Physically, I feel fine albeit a little tired. Emotionally, I'm okay, but something is off. I'm not sad, but I'm not happy. Am I disappointed? I'm not sure. 
Maybe I feel this way because its gloomy outside. Or maybe I feel this way because I haven't had a pedicure in months. Either way, I'm feeling blue. 

I've had a lot of great things come my way recently. I should be jumping over the moon, screaming how excited I am. But, with all these good things that have happened, I've come to realize something. 
People want to see you do well, but never better than them. 
Amen to that. Now, this is hard for me to grasp. I'm the type of person that would do anything to help someone. However, I don't like when people see this and take advantage of me. My problem is, is that I'm too trusting of people. Just because I wouldn't intentionally hurt someone doesn't mean someone wouldn't do that to me. And trust me, they have. By now I should know to keep my cards close to my chest but I sadly haven't learned that yet. 

In just one year, I'll be ready to graduate with a degree in Communications with a focus in Advertising and a Public Relations minor. Both industries are extremely competitive. From here on out, I need to remember to not be better than the competition, but do it different. I need to remember to be bold, be bright, be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment