Friday, May 2, 2014

I'm a senior?

As of this afternoon, I'm done with my junior year in college. Seriously? I feel like last week I was moving in at the beginning of August to help run a summer camp. I can't believe this will be the last night I spend in Concord 407. Hands down Junior year was the best year I've experienced at RMU. Everything may not have turned out the way I planned but that's okay, nothing ever really does. I just have to trust that it's the way its meant to be. However, I can't help but wish I was home, and I feel a slight tinge of sadness that things aren't how I envisioned. 

I hope I never forget the memories I made this year. It all happened so fast. I guess years like this are why they say college is the best years of your life. It's weird, the people that you think will be by your side forever are the first to leave. The people I thought couldn't care less about me are the ones that have been there for me the most. I guess different situations bring out different sides in people, some sides you never knew existed. 

It didn't hit me until now how sad I was for the year to be over. My roommates are still here. The guys have left. I haven't seen some of them in a while. That's the thing, sometimes you don't realize the time spent with people may be your last. 

But I'm content knowing I had nights where I looked around at the people near me and wouldn't change a thing in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment