Friday, July 19, 2013

Glam Glow Review

If you've never experienced blackheads or acne, you're lucky. Fortunately, I was never plagued with acne in my younger years. I've had the occasional breakout that would last a few days and then disappear. However, I've always had blackheads. While makeup covers them, I always wished they would be gone, and gone for good. I've tried numerous products, from pore strips, to "blackhead clearing scrubs" and everything in between. While pore strips work, I've found that they only work sometimes. To me it seems like they only pull out recently formed blackheads and aren't strong enough to pull out the bigger, deep set ones. 
Recently, I've grown tired of cheap fixes and began looking deeper into the issue of getting rid of blackheads. Pinterest told me to extract them with a bobby pin (kinda works) and it also told me to scrub my nose with baking soda and water (burned like hell). In my investigation, I heard about the Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment, a mask that "sucks" out impurities from the skin. It's been described by many as a miracle product and has a 4.4 out of 5 rating on Sephora. A product of this magnitude comes at a price, though...a staggering $69. I've always been a girl that prefers quality over quantity but I wasn't so sure if I was ready to drop nearly $70 on this product. 
I found myself in Sephora yesterday and I asked one of the workers if she had any samples available of this product. She did not, but she gladly made me one! This morning when I woke up, I was like I gotta try this.  The mask is dark gray and has a few large particles of sea weed. The mask can be used all over your face or as a spot treatment. My forehead is pretty clear with no visible pores so I decided to focus the product on my t-zone and cheeks, especially on my nose. Once the mask starts to dry, it turns a lighter gray color and you can begin to see the mask drawing out the oil, dirt, and straight up junk out of your skin. Don't believe me? Examples to follow. 





These pictures were taken about 10 minutes after the mask was applied. I kept the mask on for a total of roughly 15 minutes. 
All those little "holes" in the mask are where oil and dirt has been vacuumed out of my skin. 
So what's my final thoughts on this product? 
I think it is awesome. I loved being able to see the results immediately. While it didn't remove all of my blackheads, it definitely removed a lot of impurities from my skin. When my sample runs out, I'm definitely buying the full size of this miracle product! 

*All opinions are solely my own and do not express the opinions of my employer or University. Glam Glow was not sent to me, I received the sample for free from Sephora. Pictures are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment