Thursday, March 14, 2013

Building your Classic Wardrobe

When I was in eighth grade, I vowed not to buy another graphic t shirt again. At that time in my life, that is all I wore. I was obsessed with watching What Not to Wear and soon realized that graphic t's were the first thing thrown in the trash by Stacy and Clinton. From that year forward, I never bought another shirt that had "A. Eagle" or "H.Co" written across my chest. However, if a shirt had a  design screen printed on it, I did not count that as being considered a graphic t. 
As I grew older, my wardrobe started to mature as well. In high school, we were not allowed to wear ripped jeans. Even now that I have graduated, I've never felt the urge to go buy a pair of  light wash jeans with rips and frays. Flash forward to now, I'm a college sophomore. I can definitely say that my wardrobe is built upon classic pieces that can definitely be worn to a job after graduation. Of course, I have a few trendy pieces thrown in their but not many. Today I want to show you what I consider to be the quintessential pieces every classic wardrobe needs. 


Your "classic" wardrobe should consist of neutral colors such as: navy, black, tan and gray.

-blazer
-closed toe pumps
-pencil skirt
-trench coat
-boot cut jeans

other staples include:
-pea coat
-black dress
-leather bag
-button down shirt
-cardigan 


What are your classic must-haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment