Saturday, March 9, 2013

Numbers

As I expressed in my last post, I am currently on spring break. In the weeks leading up this much anticipated week, I've heard so many girls talking about diets. Some are worried about swim suits, some are dieting for Prom, which is just a few short months away. 
When I was a senior in high school, I was so excited for prom. I was one of the first to go buy my dress. I wasn't expecting that my choices of dresses would be slim due to my size. When I went dress shopping in January of 2011, I was a size 14. By the time I went to prom in May, I was a size 8 and lost roughly 30 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that I chose to become healthy. I developed a love for healthy food and fueling my body as healthily as I can. 
As I've grown older, I've realized and had to come to terms with something: numbers are just numbers. 
Age, weight, size, score, income, etc., are just numbers. 
Any number should not define me. My weight does not measure the love I have for others. My SAT score doesn't measure my character. My income does not measure my creativity or my confidence. Numbers do not measure determination, perseverance or the consideration you have for others. 
Ladies, I know summer is fastly approaching and you all want to lose a bit, but seriously, love yourself. You're beautiful, strong, amazing and kind. And no number in the world can measure that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment