Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday

For it being the beginning of summer, it has been off to a great start! While I have been extremely busy, I have loved every minute of it. Here are five things on my mind recently. 

1. Friendship: I never understood how important friendship was until I met the right kind of people to be friends with. In the past I had been "friends" with people who brought me down, caused drama, and just overall weren't great people to build relationships with. I've come to realize the true meaning of a friend and I'm so thankful for the friends I do have. 

2. "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Friedrich Niezsche 
Be your own person, don't give in. The right people will come to you and accept you as you are. 

3. "After some time you learn the difference, the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul. " 
Taken from the poem "After a While you Learn" by Veronica Shoffstall, this line really hit home. I know from experience that there is a difference between wanting the best for someone and trying to control them to do the best for yourself. Love is about appreciation, not possession. This whole poem is wonderful, very true and powerful. Definitely a must read. 

4. Less than 1 week till Boston! Very excited. Planning on visiting Salem, Hyannis, and the North shore. And of course, there will be shopping, Pinkberry, cupcakes and Harvard. 

5. Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, trust is gained, loyalty is returned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment