Friday, April 26, 2013

Some people are like rain clouds...

And when they go away, its a brighter day. 
Have you ever had someone like that in your life? This person finds something wrong in everything you try to do. This person makes you feel bad about yourself because they are mean to you. I'm sure at some point in your life, you've dealt with a person like this to some degree. I know I have. 
For the longest time I felt terrible about myself because of how someone decided to treat me. I felt that I wasn't worth someone treating me right and felt that I couldn't do anything right. Every time this person did something terrible to me, instead of recognizing that they're being a jerk, I took the blame upon myself. Not getting what I wanted led to me trying to become a better person. In my mind, I thought that if I was better, I would be treated better. Sadly, that wasn't the case. 
But then it dawned on me one day. We are defined by our actions toward others, not others' actions toward us. If someone is being hurtful toward you when you did nothing to deserve it, then they don't deserve you. Seriously. If someone doesn't want whats best for you, then they don't deserve you at all! Don't compromise your dreams for someone who doesn't want you to go after what is going to make you the happiest. I know its hard when you love someone but if you truly love someone, you want them to be happy. 
Think of it this way. Your life is a puzzle. All the pieces are coming together. You really want to go study abroad and your significant other doesn't want you to. Sometimes those 2 pieces aren't going to fit together with you to make a complete puzzle. 
I used to think that if two people truly wanted to make a relationship work, they'd find a way. While I still think its true to some extent, my views have changed. Sometimes things change. Sometimes things just don't work out even though you really want it to. And I know you're trying to cram that corner piece of the puzzle into the center just to make it work but listen, it's not going to fit. Just like you're not going to fit into that size 2 mini skirt after you ate a large Reese's Blizzard while crying about what a jerk Andrew is. It's okay girl, you're beautiful anyway. 
Back on topic. Just don't fight your puzzle. Everything happens for a reason. I know its hard to think of the whole picture right now because you're too busy trying to cram pieces where they don't belong but trust me, the puzzle only comes together one way. Even if you and Andrew's puzzle piece fits on one side, the other 3 sides are empty so you know what, let him go be the corner piece that's closed off on two sides because he is incapable of opening his heart up to love. He'll probably end up living under a bridge someday so no worries. You have 4 sides open and ready for love so you go out there and find another puzzle piece that belongs in the middle of the puzzle. 
We all have a predetermined number and type of pieces in the box of our lives. Each piece serves a purpose.  Some of the pieces help us learn something. Others test our limits. No matter their purpose, they all help us in some way and each piece serves a purpose in our lives. 
So next time you're doubting something in your life or you're just trying way to hard to make things work, just think of the puzzle. Take a deep breath, step back and try to think of the big picture. Don't fight fate, it all works out in the end. 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Surround yourself with positive, and up lifting people and it makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete